Moving in to a new house left me wanting to decorate but without a lot of cash. My front room has a huge bare wall that was begging for something big and bold. I created this wall accent with nothing more than some sewing hoops, stain and fabric.
Here are the steps I used:
1. Buy varying sizes of circular sewing hoops. They will range from .99 cents and up depending on how big you choose. If you want a left over single hoop, buy one extra I’m that size.
Choose fabric for the inside according to the look you want.
2. (Optional) Stain hoops to your desired color. I did a deep expresso color and a gloss coating) you could also use colored paint to truly customize it.
3. Allow to dry completely.
4. Tightly place fabric in between the rings.
5. Hot glue the fabric in between the layers so it doesn’t move. Trim the fabric as close to the wood as possible.
6. Cut or pry off the metal rings that hold the hoop together. Be very gentle as the wood splits easily.
Now we have an affordable and interesting piece of art that matches the room. The sky is the limit with this project, you can completely customize it with different fabrics, colors and materials. You could use velum and put sparkly lights behind them for a fancy look. Please leave any ideas or pictures for this in the comments field.